Jerk shrimp tacos with melon salsa… yummmm! The pairing of spicy shrimp and cool melon is a match made in heaven.
This combination makes a mean taco, but it can just as easily be served over a bed of baby greens. It is very easy to make and is just as appropriate for a weeknight meal as it is for a dinner party. And shopping for all the ingredients was simple at Trader Joe’s!
The shrimp only takes about five minutes to grill.
While the shrimp was grilling, I basted it with the extra jerk marinade.
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 skewers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- corn tortillas
- FOR THE SALSA
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss shrimp, oil, half the lime juice, and jerk seasoning in a bowl. Marinate while grill heats up, about 10 minutes.
- For salsa, toss canteloupe, cilantro, onion, and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Thread four or five shrimp on each skewer and grill until opaque, about five minutes. Brush with the marinade while grilling.
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave. Fill tortillas with shrimp. Top with salsa.
- Simply multiply ingredients to yield more portions.
These jerk shrimp tacos are simply divine! Of course, the melon salsa is DELISH on tortilla chips, too!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY
LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLE
BLOGGING TOOLS, EBOOKS &
GOODIES FOR YOUR HOME!
Sign up to get FREE printables available only for subscribers!
Don't forget to check your inbox! We'll never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.