We are now on day eight of our paleo challenge. Tom says all he does is think about food. He is mesmerized by food commercials. I don’t really notice them. The main thing I’ve noticed is that I’m spending much more time in the kitchen despite the fact that I have had a very busy week. But that’s okay. We are eating REAL FOOD!
Tom especially misses bread, so I decided to make him some paleo bacon jalapeño bread. He really liked it! I was totally surprised. So since it passed the rigorous “Tom bread test,” I decided to share it with you. Of course, it’s not only paleo; it’s gluten free as well!
I’ll share directions and then include a step-by-step recipe below.
First, you need to slice up your jalapeño peppers.
Next, you will roast the sliced jalapeños, along with bacon for about seven minutes.
Flip the bacon and the jalapeños over and bake for five more minutes.
After the jalapeños have cooled a bit, remove the seeds.
Place the jalapeños and bacon in a food processor and pulse thoroughly.
Next, you are ready for this amazing paleo product:Ghee!
Ghee is allowable on both paleo and Whole30 plans. Ghee is butter which has been treated to remove milk fat solids, sugar, and water. Many of the questionable ingredients found in butter have been removed in the cooking process to make ghee, so it is approved for a paleo diet.
Okay… back to the instructions.
Whisk together your melted ghee and eggs. Then slowly add the coconut flour.
Next, stir in the bacon and jalapeño mixture.
Pour the mixture into a dish that has been greased with ghee. Bake at 375ºF for about 45 minutes, and you’ve got some amazing paleo bread!
- 4 slick thick slices bacon
- 3 large jalapeños
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 C ghee, melted
- 1 Tbsp ghee to grease your baking pan
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- While it preheats, slice jalapeños and set on a baking sheet bacon slices
- Roast for 12 minutes total, flipping bacon and jalapeño after 7 minutes
- Reduce heat to 375ºF
- Remove seeds from jalapeño
- Place jalapeños and bacon food processor and pulse thoroughly
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, water, and ghee
- Add coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda
- Stir bacon-jalapeño mixture into the batter
- Grease baking dish with ghee
- Add batter
- Bake at 375ºF for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick can be cleanly inserted and removed
- Promptly refrigerate leftovers.
- Feel free to substitute onions for jalapeños if your not a spicy food fan!
Happy healthy eating!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY
LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLE
BLOGGING TOOLS, EBOOKS &
GOODIES FOR YOUR HOME!
Sign up to get FREE printables available only for subscribers!
Don't forget to check your inbox! We'll never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.