One of my favorite things about the holidays is trying new recipes and sharing them with you!
The Mezzetta Kalamata Olives (of which I’m a HUGE fan!) and green olives combined with capers, fresh rosemary, lemon juice with a roasted red pepper garnish on top is really a winning combination of ingredients. The tapenade is absolutely perfect atop a crostini, but would also be amazing on a panini or on a piece of fish or chicken. And it makes a pretty appetizer, too!
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (kalamata)
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 thin, good quality baguette, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process just enough to chop finely
- Refrigerate for one hour or more
- For the crostini, preheat oven to 350˚F
- Place baguette slices on prepared pans
- Brush lightly with oil
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and a grind of pepper (don't leave this step out!)
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden, rotating pans halfway through baking time
- Top crostini with tapenade and garnish with roasted red pepper
Get Your Mezzetta Coupon and Enter Sweepstakes
If you are an olive lover, be sure to enter Mezzetta’s Memories Sweepstakes! Visit Mezzetta’s website for daily recipe inspiration your chance to win an Instant Print Digital Camera and an Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket. You can also click here to get your $.50 Mezzetta coupon.
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY
LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLE
BLOGGING TOOLS, EBOOKS &
GOODIES FOR YOUR HOME!
Sign up to get FREE printables available only for subscribers!
Don't forget to check your inbox! We'll never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.