Life lessons sometimes come in surprising packages, don’t they?
Today I took Miss Rosie on her second power walk with me. Cairn Terriers are known to be bright, cute, feisty and stubborn. This girl is OFF THE CHARTS in all these areas.
At four months old, she is getting just a little bit (or alot, depending on the day) more active and crazy every day. WAY crazier than Pumbaa or Rowdie were as puppies.
So long daily walks are clearly a MUST with this girl! Today we walked along El Paseo, which is an upscale, outdoor shopping area here in Palm Desert. There were lots of people strolling around today, and I learned that Rosie is a human MAGNET! Everyone smiled as we passed, and many wanted to pet or hold her.
Of course, part of the reason they showed an interest in her is because Rosie enthusiastically loped over towards every person we passed, as though she were saying, “Hi! Hello! I’m ROSIE! Let’s be friends!” Doesn’t matter who they are: man, woman, white, black, young, old. Just doesn’t matter. She simply likes people.
As I watched Rosie run up to someone for about the 20th time, I started to think “Andrea, you need to be more like Rosie!” It now seems to me that God has taught me several life lessons since this crazy, bouncy puppy with the waggly tail entered my life on Christmas Eve!
1) Be warm and engage with everyone I pass with a smile. You just never know when you might meet a new friend.
2) Be a loyal friend.
3) Show unconditional love to those who mean the most to me.
4) Go to bed early enough to start the next day at the crack of dawn, full of energy, excitement and curiosity.
5) If something I want is “buried,” dig tenaciously until I find it.
6) When I hurt or disappoint a friend or loved one, lower my tail and my ears (i.e., be HUMBLE) and try to make things right as quickly as possible.
7) Be sure to run, play and have little fun each and every day.
8) Take time to cuddle.
9) When someone responds grumpily when I greet them, keep on smiling. They are probably just having a bad day, and my smile might have blessed them more than I know.
10) Test the limits daily. Go outside my comfort zone. Explore the unknown. Amazing, new things just might await!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY
LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLE
BLOGGING TOOLS, EBOOKS &
GOODIES FOR YOUR HOME!
Sign up to get FREE printables available only for subscribers!
Don't forget to check your inbox! We'll never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Like this one? PIN IT!: